After using the Remote Administrator Client Upgrade task in Client Tasks, the last step is to upgrade the Remote Detection Sensor on the appliance.
- Download the new version from: https://www.eset.com/int/business/remote-management/remote-administrator/#standalone
- Transfer the file to the /root/eset_installers directory of the ERA appliance via FTP.
- Set the file permissions of the uploaded installer file to 755.
- Update the RDSensor.sh symbolic link to point to the newly uploaded file by running the following command:
ln -sfn root/eset_installers/RDSensor-Linux-x86_64.sh RDSensor.sh
- The above command must be run by first changing to the eset_installers directory (cd /root/eset_installers).
- Once the symbolic link is updated, backup a directory (cd ..) and run the installer to upgrade the Rogue Detection Sensor installation using the following command:
sudo ./RDSensor.sh --skip-license
Taken from this forum post: https://forum.eset.com/topic/4982-upgrade-era-server-virtual-appliance-6128-to-version-6133/